Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Take A Few Moments of Peace

Consider me weird, but the other day I found myself with some free time in the afternoon and I didn't know what to do.  On the rare occasions that that happens, my first reaction is to kind of get all anxious...like, what am I forgetting?  Surely I must be forgetting something.  After I talk myself down from there, I think about things I might feel like doing.  Most of the time, however, this free time isn't long enough to really complete anything big.  How about sitting outside, in the sunshine, with your cup of coffee and PRAYING?  Wow, what a novel idea, huh?  So that's what I did.  I forced myself to sit still, in the middle of the day, and just be quiet.  No phone, no computer, no people.  Just me and God.  I don't know why that is so hard sometimes.

But then I finished my cup of coffee and realized it was time to start dinner so that's what I did.  It was a nice few minutes and it made me remember how important those few minutes of peace can be in the midst of our hectic lives.  I hope you get a few minutes like that for yourself today (even if they aren't in the sun but are in the bathroom behind a locked door ;) ).  


God Bless!

P.S.  I originally shared this image on Instagram under my public profile:  aplanforjoy.  If you're on Instagram, look me up!