Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Set That Alarm!

A friend of mine sent me an email about "someone" starting up a prayer group to pray for our country.  I have no idea if any of this about Churchill is true, but even if it isn't, it sure seems like a good idea to me to take one minute every day to pray for our country.  Here's what she sent:
  
Someone has said that if Christians really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless.  During WWII there was an adviser to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every day at a prescribed hour for one minute to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and for peace.
 
There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America.  If you would like to participate --every evening at 9:00 PM Eastern Time (8:00 PM Central) (7:00 PM Mountain) (6:00 PM Pacific), stop whatever you are doing and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States and for a return to a Godly nation.

I think we are definitely in need of something organized like this.  So, in addition to praying your rosary for our country or offering up prayers during daily Mass, why not set an alarm on your phone to go off at the prescribed time and spend one minute praying for the U.S.?

I was waiting till we actually got our phones to post this.  We finally got them the other day and after having spent the past two days figuring it all out, I set a timer for 8:00 pm so I can give this a try.  As long as I remember what I set the alarm for, it should work, right?  Won't you join us?

 God Bless!