Sunday, August 24, 2014

We're About to Embark Upon a Few New Things

Tomorrow is the first day of school for everyone around here:  elementary, high school and college kids alike.  I can say that I'm not ready for summer to be over but I guess it had to end sometime.  My first thought was to not start the same week the college girls started just so I wasn't distracted with any of their issues like time, food and cars.  Alas, I am foregoing that and jumping in with both feet.  Hopefully their stuff will go off without a hitch.

Also, what better time to start a whole new way of eating than at the same time you're all trying to start school and get used to a new schedule?  I mean, why not?  Why not overhaul your meal plan and learn new snacks and try to figure out a new system right now?  After a lot of prayer and a lot of issues (we have a lot of females around here, remember), I have been delving into learning about Trim Healthy Mama and how we can incorporate it into our lives.  However, I don't usually do anything half-way, so again I'm jumping in with both feet and trying to change everything at once...at the same time we're starting a new school year and getting used to a new schedule.  Yeah.  Call me crazy.

This week, too, I decided it would be a great time to host a discussion panel at my house one night.  We have 6 moms who have gradated kids from their homeschool high school and sent them off in various directions, coming together to present how they did it (in 15 min or less) to about 20 moms and dads.  In my living room.  Which means it has to be clean and set up for about 26 people to sit comfortably.  Yeah.  Call me even crazier.

And, if I have time in the next few days, I'd like to figure out how to record it and turn it into a podcast.  Right.  Anyone know anything about this?  Maybe it's easy, I don't know, I haven't started researching it yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

So that's where I've been these past two weeks; trying to finish up my summer, plan for the fall and totally change my food stock.  For those of you starting school next week, too, many blessings to you.

God Bless!