Tuesday, July 8, 2014

An Afternoon Alone

As I sit here sipping my coffee and enjoying the nice breeze blowing through my open windows, there is SILENCE.

I have been home by myself for exactly 3 hours and 47 minutes and counting.

It won't last much longer as three of the kids are due home any minute, but let me tell you, this doesn't happen too often so I've been enjoying it as much as I can.

And, I was actually productive!  I know, high 5s all around.

We started off the day with an early morning run to the airport to send Ms 22 yo off to her beloved.  Sad for us, happy for them.  I don't like early morning car rides because it usually means I have to find a bathroom somewhere along the way because my coffee catches up to me.  I was particularly dreading it today because the airport to which we went is not, let us say, in the best of neighborhoods.  Suffice it to say that I dropped her off, went back west a few miles and found a Burger King that looked relatively safe.  The rest of the trip was a joy.

But enough about that!  Four of the kids were off to theater camp before I returned and after lunch, Ms 20 yo took Mr 9 yo with her to her nanny job because the kids just love playing with him, which is how I ended up here...ALONE.

Can you believe I even worked out?  Yes I did.  And do you want to know what on earth would motivate me to spend my alone time down in the basement with weights, huffing and puffing and sweating?  Water skiing. We will have access to a lake and a boat in a few weeks and I've decided that, with my new-found strength in tow, I'd like to try water skiing again.  I used to be able to slalom ski but it has been YEARS.  I can't even remember how long.  I'm thinking, God willing, that if everything lines up the right way I might actually have enough strength to get up again. I know you will be waiting with baited breath.  I promise to provide proof if it happens.

Also today, I put out a newsletter from my website.  I really enjoy doing that, so it was a pleasure to update my subscribers as to what has been going on around the ole Catholic Homeschooling Resources website.  If you're not a subscriber, why don't you just go take care of that right now?

In that newsletter, and here too, I guess, I announced a SALE that I'm going to be having on my workbook "A Plan for Joy in the Home".  Exciting, I know!  It begins this Friday, July 11th and goes through July 18th!  You'll have to tune in later this week for the official announcement and link to the sale!

After all that, I am spent; but alas, there is still dinner to make.  So off I go into the kitchen to slay my pork roast and tame it into pork chop suey for the masses.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

God Bless!