Friday, July 11, 2014

7 Quick Takes The How to Save Money and Get Organized Edition!






It's here!!!  The first day of my "A Plan for Joy" sale.  Head on over to save yourself some money on either of the formats:  hard copy or downloadable.  Then, go and spread the word to other homeschool moms that you think need to bring some joy back into their lives by organizing their day!
 


I'm giving a talk on organizing your day on Saturday to a local homeschool group.  It's always a bit scary when I don't know anyone in the room, but I guess it helps that I can give this talk in my sleep.  If you can spare a prayer, I'd sure appreciate it.  I always hope that something I say in my 45 minute time slot will help at least one person!
 

Today (Friday) is the end of theater camp for four of the kids.  They are performing a simplified version of "The Prince and the Pauper" and from what I hear it will be quite hilarious.  Mr 13 yo is the Prince and since he was the Beast/Prince in last year's summer performance, we might have to keep an eye on his ego.
 

One of the joys of renting a home (and there are a few), is that when an appliance needs to be replaced, you get to have the fun of picking it out without the not-fun of paying for it.  Finally, our 1970's refrigerator is getting replaced!  I can't wait to get rid of the yellow and welcome in the white.  Also, I won't miss having to mop out the bottom every couple of weeks from all the water that accumulates there. 
 

Tonight (Friday again) is the Miles Christi Evening of Recollection in Lemont for anyone who is reading this who 1. lives locally  2. is reading this before 6:00 and 3. has nothing else planned and can jump in their car and head over for a beautiful Mass, Adoration, confession, two great spiritual talks and some awesome snacks.  If you're reading this after 6:00 pm CST on Friday, then just forget it.
 

Please continue to pray for my niece, who is doing great btw, that she can grow strong in body and immune system and kick this asthma.  If you still feel like prayin' add Anna and Courtney and Baby Chiara to your list.  They are all also in need of some prayers.  Thanks.
 

Semi-busy weekend ahead.  Multiple things on Friday as well as Saturday, but (ssshhhhh) Sunday looks quiet.  Hope you have a great weekend! 

Oh, and don't forget to go check out the sale over at "A Plan for Joy in the Home"!!!!

God Bless! 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!