Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Tale Of Two Projects

This week I need to complete two rather large projects that have the same deadline.

Project A:



I have been putting this monster off for a little over a month now.  




This is an accumulation of mess from a long winter, made even more of a mess by a sudden thawing of a lot of snow and the possibility of a flooding basement, made even more of a mess by a sudden deluge of rain last week that also threatened to bring water into the basement.  Thus the haphazard throwing of things on top of other things.  

Project B:

Processing the first batch of pictures from this past weekend's performance of "The Seven Last Words of Christ".  I got it down to just under 300 pictures and I'd like to get them done and uploaded before we do the second performance on Sunday and I take more pictures.  

My usual method would be to become obsessed about one project and work on it till it is done.  I decided to try something different this time.  I'm setting a time limit every day that I can work on each of the projects in the hope that they will both get done on time.

Today I worked on this part of the basement for 1 1/2 hours.  A small portion, but it's a start.
 I then moved back upstairs and, in between making dinner, I worked for about 2 hours on photos and got through about 1/3 of them.  (The lighting was challenging at this church, but I love how the shadows played out in this photo.)



So we'll see how this goes.  I have tomorrow and Thursday afternoon/evening to complete these two tasks.  Any bets on whether or not I'll do it?

God Bless!