Monday, September 17, 2012

Is Our Country Worth It?

I just read an email that is asking people to stop for one minute at a specified time each day and say a prayer for our country.  Apparently during World War II there was an adviser to Churchill who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute, to collectively pray for the safety of England, its people and peace. This had an amazing effect, as bombing stopped.

The email said that people in the US are now trying to organize the same thing.  At 9 pm ET (8 pm CT, 7 pm MT, 6 pm PT) each day, take one minute to stop and say a prayer for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for peace in the world, the upcoming election, that the Bible will remain the basis for the laws governing our land, and that Christianity will grow in the U.S.  I think that pretty much covers it. 

Life gets so hectic and we're always running from thing to thing, but maybe, somehow, we can all pause for that minute and say a prayer.  If you're participating in the 54 day Rosary novena, then maybe pray it around that hour.  I'm sure, however, that if you don't make it at that exact minute, God will still hear your prayer and honor it.  It is kind of cool, isn't it, to think about thousands (dare I say millions?) of people stopping at the exact same moment to lift their prayers up to God for our country.  Surely all that clamor will be heard in Heaven!

I'm not sure how I'm going to remember it every day...a sticky note somewhere?  Something big on the fridge?  Maybe something stuck to my forehead?  Maybe I'll ask my Guardian Angel to tap me on the shoulder and remind me!  Well, somehow, we'll give it a shot here and see if we can do it!  Hope you can, too.

God Bless!
  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    We are participating in that prayer, too.
    I set the alarm clock in the guest room to go off at 7:59pm as it is kind of centrally located in the house. Works as long as we're home!!
    (Or maybe set your cell phone alarm?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good idea, Lori! I think the cell phone idea might just work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen or heard that email. Would you be able to post a copy so I could send it to people I know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure...
    Do you believe we can take God at His word? Call upon His name, then stand back and watch His wonders unfold. This scripture gives us, as Christians, ownership of this land and the ability to call upon God to heal it. I challenge you to do that. We have never been more desperate than now for God to heal our land.

    2 Chronicles 7:14. 'If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.'

    During WWII, there was an advisor to Churchill, who organized a group of people who dropped what they were doing every night at a prescribed hour for one minute, to collectively pray for the safety of England , its people and peace. This had an amazing effect, as bombing stopped.

    There is now a group of people organizing the same thing here in America .

    The United States of America , and our citizens, need prayer more than ever!!! If you would like to participate, each evening at 9:00 P.M. Eastern Time (8 PM Central, 7 PM Mountain, 6 PM Pacific), stop whatever you're doing, and spend one minute praying for the safety of the United States, our troops, our citizens, for peace in the world, the upcoming election, that the Bible will remain the basis for the laws governing our land, and that Christianity will grow in the U.S.

    If you know anyone who would like to participate, please pass this along. Someone said if people really understood the full extent of the power we have available through prayer, we might be speechless. Our prayers are the most powerful asset we have. Thank you.

    Please pass this on to anyone who you think will want to join us.

    God Bless You!!!

    ReplyDelete