Monday, September 24, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Linking up with the ladies over at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* a wonderful homily at Mass yesterday
* laughter, as usual, at the dinner table
* a husband who often manages to twist his words around into something hilarious
* Receiving many prayer requests to be prayed for during this week
* My husband's yummy homemade protein bars - they really are the only thing that gets me exercising some days (house rule - one can only have a protein bar IF they have exercised).

Beauty in the Ordinary:

Even though my house is not fancy and the furniture is old and worn, there is something beautiful about it when it is picked up (ie when there aren't Legos dumped all over the place :).  I love the peacefulness it brings for those brief moments!

Listening to:

The sun singing.  I know that doesn't seem right, but it is such a gorgeous day out that you can almost hear it singing!

In the Kitchen:

Not much.  The usual fair is lined up for this week.  My son's baptismal feast day is today and he has requested turkey tetrazzini and taffy apples.

Praying:

For all of the prayer requests that have been sent to me this week. We are also praying for a miracle that will allow us to go on a pilgrimage with our parish.

Looking Ahead:

We actually have activity this week!  On Sunday we will be watching the movie "The War of the Vendee".  This movie is about Catholics during the French Revolution who banded together to fight "for God and King".  This was done by a group of homeschoolers and is supposed to be wonderful!

Captured:


God Bless!

3 comments:

  1. Love your *Beauty in the Ordinary*. You have described my house to a tee with the same sentiments. It's home...right?

    Have blessed days this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, oh those Lego's ..That brought such a smile to my face. Now that the boys are grown and gone I can't tell you how much I miss them strewn all about the family room. I still have them saved in Tupperware bins in their closets...

    Have a Blessed week. +

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your almanac made me smile! I have 2 boys...5 and 2...so yes, LEGOs are everywhere! But since we struggled with infertility for nearly 11 years, we wouldn't have it any.other.way. My other 40-something-year old friends might have teenagers and immaculate houses, but we just feel so blessed to have little ones to make messes! Our home can be clean in our 50s!

    ReplyDelete