Monday, September 10, 2012

Catholic Woman's Almanac

Linking up with the women at Sucipio!

Moments of Gratitude:

* The absolutely wonderful birthday I had last week. 
* The great food we ate that day.
* The cake one daughter baked and the other decorated.
* My parent's returning home after a 1 1/2 month road trip.
* A great group of dads and sons at our house for a camp out.

Beauty in the Ordinary:

When Mr 7 yo was younger, every once in a while he would take a power nap - he'd go down sometime in the afternoon and sleep until morning.  Well, Sunday he was so tired from his camp out the night before that he retreated to his room around 4:00 (all of his own accord) and slept until 7:00 this morning.  He did wake up around 9:00 last night with a lazy smile, grabbed a bagel to eat and put his pjs on, then went back to sleep.  There is something beautiful, although maybe not ordinary, about that :)

From the Kitchen:

We're trying some new recipes this week:

* A crock pot beef stroganoff that is cooking right now and smells wonderful.
* A crock pot chicken and wine recipe
* Mr 12 yo is trying his hand at spaghetti this week

Reading:

* Still reading "I Believe in Love". 
* I found another book I never finished (not an uncommon occurrence, unfortunately) called "The Priesthood of the Heart" by Jo Croissant.  I hope to finish it this week.

Meditating:

Now that I have my concordance, I am continuing to meditate on scripture references of the word TRUST.  

Praying:

* For the family that is hiding in their apartment in Syria while fighting goes on all around them
* For our country
* For financial concerns

In the Week Ahead:

* Our first women's formation group of the Fall at my house Tuesday evening.
* Our monthly Evening of Recollection on Friday
* School and exercise all week long...
* Not much else...which I consider a good thing!

Captured:

 
Mr 7 yo's Lego creation!  This is just one in a series of battle scenes he asked me to photograph for him!

God Bless!
 

4 comments:

  1. Your son and my daughter would hit it off great with the Lego creations. She is already eyeing up the Lord of the Rings set : )

    Happy Birthday! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, my boys have been eyeballing those for awhile, too!!! Christmas wish list...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Legos! There were times when I had a battle scene strewn from the laundry room to the kitchen, with airplanes hanging from lamps and lego men climbing the draperies.

    There was much crying and gnashing of teeth when it was time to take it all down to dust and vacuum!

    And then the Bionicles. I was constantly finding them posed inside the cabinets and refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela Pea - That is soooo true here, too! They hate when that vacuum cleaner comes out. Gotta love kids and Legos :)

    ReplyDelete