Friday, September 28, 2012

7 Quick Takes September 28 2012


--- 1 ---

Wow. I can't believe it is time to do this again.  It has been one of those weeks that has flown by so fast I can't believe it's Friday again (or in reality, Thursday when I am typing this up)!  We didn't have an overly busy week by any means, and I really can't tell you what we've been up to, but another week is almost over. 
 
--- 2 ---

So because of that, I've been thinking about our days and how they just kind of meld from one to the other.  Wake up, go to Mass, do schoolwork, exercise, have a few free hours, eat dinner, pray the rosary, small amount of free time and then bed. Not boring by any means, but a nice routine that I don't seem to be getting tired of.  In fact lately I've been getting a bit grumpy when something interrupts this nice flow.
 

--- 3 ---

One of the things I told the kids we would do more of once we weren't laden down in weekly activities was more field trips.  This Monday is the Feast of St. Therese and we are heading up to the National Shrine for Mass.  We did this a few years ago and it was packed, but a beautiful time.  Hoping the weather is nice, as the grounds are lovely, too.
 
--- 4 ---


--- 5 ---

Now that you've stopped laughing, I found the above image on facebook (of course - h/t Catholic Writers Guild) and couldn't stop laughing.  I now know why I've always loved the Honda Accord :)
 
--- 6 ---

Some of the girls and I have started keeping track of our food and calorie intake in addition to our exercising.  We found an online site where you can track what you eat and how much exercise you do. I just cannot stand the name they picked:  fatsecret.com.  I don't know, it just sounds insulting.  Oh well, for the time being the fact that I have to put in print the food I put in my mouth is keeping me from indulging too much.  We'll see how long it lasts :)
 

--- 7 ---

Another quiet weekend coming up.  We're going to see "The War of the Vendee" on Sunday.  I hear that it is wonderfully done and we are all looking forward to seeing it.  Can't forget about the final episode before the mid-season break of Dr. Who on Saturday, either.  I understand we might need some tissues for this one!  Have a great weekend.

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

God Bless!