Friday, September 21, 2012

7 Quick Takes September 21 2012


--- 1 ---
 
I'm plugging away at my new unit study on the soon-to-be St. Kateri.  I love writing these things because I learn so much!  I came across a documentary by Jacques Cousteau on the St. Lawrence River that looked so interesting I'm tempted to order it from the library.  My curriculum planning for this year didn't really allow for a unit study, but we just might have to do it ourselves once I'm done with it :)
 
--- 2 ---

Our parish is planning a pilgrimage in October to New York for the canonization of Blessed Kateri.  They plan do some sight-seeing, go to the Shrine in NY and then on the way home stop at the Shrine of Divine Mercy since our priests are from there.  Can I just say that we here are all praying REALLY HARD that God will in some way open up a door for us so that we can go on this pilgrimage.  All nine of us on a bus trip for five days - that would be AWESOME!
 
--- 3 ---

I decided today, for the first time since getting a laptop, to unplug from my desk and go work in my bedroom.  I figured being away from all the commotion of the house might be more conducive to creative thinking.  At least for this afternoon it seemed to work.  I kind of like being tucked away in the dark recesses of my home.  It's mighty comfortable, too.
 
--- 4 ---

We're getting back into an exercise routine around here again after a long summer of interrupted exercising (or more like NO exercising).  I must say that having my four oldest daughters as partners really makes the time so much better.  On a good day, they can be so goofy that we laugh more than we sweat!  I wonder if laughing burns as many calories as actually exercising?
 

--- 5 ---

Fall is right around the corner (or here, depending on the day you're reading this)!  I do believe this is my favorite time of year.  I enjoy the change in weather and the colors and I enjoy decorating for it, too.  Love those orange, yellow and brown colors :)
 

--- 6 ---
Speaking of decorating, my eldest daughter and I went on a house walk last week - you know, where nice people open up their homes so you can gawk at all their stuff.  Kind of a weird concept when you think about it, but we go anyway.  There were three large houses on a lake and the views alone are enough to gawk at.  One of the houses had this really cool theater set up in the basement.  There were comfy leather seats, surround sound and a big white screen on the wall complete with red velvet curtains!  I don't go to gawk, really, just to find new decorating ideas :)...and have a good luncheon, and have fun with my daughter!

--- 7 ---

Not a lot planned for the weekend.  The kids found out that "The Avengers" is in the cheap theater around here and thought it would be fun if ALL of us could go to the movie together.  We were discussing it at dinner, and we couldn't remember when the last time was that we all went to the movies together.  Hopefully we'll remedy that this weekend.  Have a great first Fall weekend wherever you are!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

God Bless!