Friday, September 14, 2012

7 Quick Takes September 14 2012


--- 1 ---

I always seem to be harping on the kids to get outside, use their imagination, do something with their siblings.  Well today they did just that.  They took the card table and chairs, set them up in the garage with the door open, put some music on, got some pretzels and proceeded to play poker.  Well, at least they finally listened :)


--- 2 ---

A good friend of mine sent me a new book for my birthday called "A Reason to Believe" by Ron Tesoriero.  It looks very interesting, but I AM NOT going to start another book until I finish some of these other ones, right???


--- 3 ---

If you are an astute observer, you will have noticed that the kids in the above picture have long sleeves on.  LONG SLEEVES, can you believe it?  We went from sweat to chills in one day.  Looks like the next 10 days are going to be a bit on the cool side...some nights predicted to be down around 40 degrees.  It's a good thing we can roll with the changes (name that 80s song).
 
--- 4 ---

 Mr 12 yo has asked to be put on the dinner making schedule this fall.  I love that he is so interested in learning how to cook.  Tonight (Thursday) he is cooking spaghetti and making a salad for us.  He usually sets the table, too, as he is very particular about how his dinner is presented; everything is usually placed "just so" on the table.  I hope this is something he keeps up for the rest of his life!
 
--- 5 ---

Have I mentioned that I'm finding Blessed Kateri a fascinating person?  The graces and spirituality that she had were incredible.  She did suffer a lot and her life was short, so she did not have an easy time of it.  Her faith is admirable and I am excited to be writing a unit study based on her life. I hope to have it complete by her canonization in October.
 
--- 6 ---
Here's one of my favorite "trust" verses from this week's study:

Many are the pangs of the wicked; but steadfast love surrounds him who trusts in the Lord.  Ps 32:10
 --- 7 ---

 Don't forget to join in the 54 Day Rosary Novena for our country.  It begins (began) on Friday, September 14th and ends on election day.  Check this page for all the info.  Have a great weekend.

God Bless!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,
    We had 31 chilly degrees this morning in the Arrowhead!! Brrr..

    I still like listening to REO now and then (along with Cheap Trick, Journey... you know, all of good old songs!!!) :-)

    I am giving the 54 Day Rosary Novena a go!! First time for me with this, so pray for a hefty dose of perseverance!

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! Wow, it wasn't quite that cold down here thankfully. Love those 80s songs, too. Good luck with the 54 days...it can be a challenge.

    ReplyDelete