Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Our Country's Guardian Angel

A while back, my friend's mother died.  She was a very holy woman, and although I did not know her personally, I have heard stories about her and I've seen the results of her holiness in how her children and their families have carried on with their own lives.  She was a third order Carmelite and her wake was one of the most joyful I've ever been to.  I know that sounds weird, but you could feel the joy as soon as you walked into the room.  I know that was a testimony to her life.

This past weekend, another friend of ours told us a story of something that happened when this woman was dying.  Her daughter was with her in the room on one occasion when her mother told her she was seeing angels.  She kept repeating to her daughter that not enough people were praying to the Guardian Angel of our country.  She kept telling her that this Guardian Angel could do ANYTHING, but that not enough people were asking it for help.

I never had given much thought to the fact that our country might have its own Guardian Angel.  I pray to my angel and to the angels of my husband and children, but I had never thought much beyond that.

I did a bit of searching and didn't find anything to back this concept up but I did find this nice page about Guardian Angels with some beautiful prayers if you are interested in that.  I will, however, begin asking the Guardian Angel of our country to intercede for us before God to perform a miracle for this country of ours so that we might turn it back to God. 


If you've never heard of this either, please spread the word.  We need to bombard this angel with our prayers so that our country will turn back to the God fearing country that it once was.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like a personal revelation, but hey, I don't see where it would hurt. I have an image in my mind, though, of an angel with Captain America's shield.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dual Role - yes, definitely a personal revelation, but I figure it sounds plausible and it certainly can't hurt! Any prayers for our country will be a help and I LOVE your image! God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With great respect, it is not biblical to pray to our angels or to ask for them to intercede. Yes, angels are very real, but we must not confuse their roles with that of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete