Friday, May 11, 2012

7 Quick Takes May 11, 2012




--- 1 ---


We have a family wedding coming up in July; the first family wedding in a long time; the first grandchild to get married on my husband's side.  We are all really looking forward to it and to get ready the girls and I went out looking for dresses this week.  Some of these dresses will also be used for Confirmation and Graduation which is why we started so early.  I am happy to report that four out of the five of us found dresses and it wasn't really even that painful!



--- 2 ---

I can't tell you the last time we went to a store to buy clothing at full price!  With nine of us to clothe, we've become good friends with the local thrift stores.  For this event, however, I just couldn't face the pressure of finding nice dresses for all of us at the thrift stores. I know, call me a wimp, but I was just not up to the challenge. Instead, we'll do it the "easy" way and consider it a huge treat for all of us.


--- 3 ---

I don't know if you have one of these stores near you, but the girls took me into Charming Charlie while we were out.  OH MY!  It was heavenly but quite overwhelming.  I was on a mission for dresses so I wouldn't let them sidetrack me with accessories, but let me tell you that we will definitely be making a return trip to that store to accessorize.  Check it out if you can!


--- 4 ---

So last week at my sister-in-laws I was discussing a delicious chocolate frosting recipe with her mother that she had used to frost the cake.  They were trying to relay the recipe to me and my sil mentioned that it was the same recipe as the brownie one on the Hershey's container.  They were discussing some of the details while I was trying to figure out how you could have a brownie recipe double as a frosting recipe.  So I asked.  After they stopped roaring, they clarified that it was the same recipe as the brownie FROSTING recipe on the container.  Oh, good, because I could not figure out how you could have one recipe that turned into brownies if you baked it and frosting if you didn't.  
 
--- 5 ---


Well, 10 + days and we're still going strong on the photo a day challenge.  There were some interesting themes for this week, so if you want to check it out, you can go here!


--- 6 ---

One more First Holy Communion on Saturday and then Mother's Day!  We'll have seen my in-laws on Saturday, so that leaves just one mom to visit on Sunday.  I think some relaxing and grilling are in order.  At least around here it seems like the weather should be sunny and somewhat warm, so we should be in for a good day.

--- 7 ---

Have a wonderful and blessed Mother's Day all you mothers out there!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day!
    LOL on the icing/ brownie recipe : )

    ReplyDelete