Friday, March 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes March 23, 2012


--- 1 ---

This is the spot where I was going to insert an awesome photo of the Shrine of St. Max and the church that houses it.  Unfortunately, I was one of the three casualties that got left behind last weekend due to an incredibly nasty bug that has hit our household.  Everyone else had a nice time and the performance went well. We, on the other hand, were left to suffer!


--- 2 ---

Since that time, everyone else, to some degree or another, in our house of nine has been slain by this beast.  Even my hubby has been hit and has spent the past three days on the couch.  For him to spend three days at home on the couch during a work week will tell you that you don't want to get this bug.

--- 3 ---

Now it is always good to look for the good side of everything.  Therefore, I have come up with three positive things that have occurred since we have all been sick this past week:  Most of us have lost some weight (hey, I'll take whatever help I can get :), we've used very little gasoline, we've still got food left in the house.  Saved money and dropped some extra poundage - I can't say it was worth it, but it helps to have something bright to look at in all of this.

--- 4 ---

We have all kept our eyes on one thing this week - the opening of the movie "The Hunger Games".  The girls are going to see it on Saturday.  I'm waiting till my husband feels well enough to go.  The minute he does, I'm dragging him to the nearest theater!  I really do hope it is true to the book!

--- 5 ---

Another thing we're looking forward to this weekend is the 25th!  Technically we won't celebrate the Feast of the Annunciation until Monday, but the 25th is our Consecration day as we will have finished the "Total Consecration" according to St. Louis De Monfort.  It is also the day we name another round of unborn babies that we pray for throughout the year.  This will be our tenth year of doing this and all of our babies will have names beginning with "J".

--- 6 ---

 We have a prayer that we pray over the sick members of our household that I thought I'd share with you in case you, too, have sick people:


Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to You.  Allow Your healing hand to heal (name).  Touch his/her soul with Your compassion for others.  Touch his/her heart with Your courage and infinite love for all.  Touch his/her mind with Your wisdom, that his/her mouth may always proclaim Your praise.  Teach him/her to reach out to You in his/her need, and help him/her to lead others to You by his/her example.  Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring him/her health in body and spirit that he/she may serve You with all his/her strength.  Touch gently this life which You have created, now and forever.  Amen.



--- 7 ---

I finally am getting to my first batch of photos from "The Seven Last Words".  I'll leave you with this image of the Blessed Mother.  The same girl has been playing this part since she was 14 and she does an absolutely incredible job.  God Bless you with a good weekend!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!