Friday, March 2, 2012

7 Quick Takes March 2, 2012


--- 1 ---

We had a wonderful, educational opportunity this week.  We went with our priest and members of our parish to the state capitol to participate in Legislative Days.  
 

We went down to talk to some of our Representatives about an upcoming house bill that would mandate that every woman coming in for an abortion would get the opportunity to view an ultrasound.  It was quite a neat opportunity to see our government at work!

--- 2 ---


After we were done with our lobbying efforts, we had a chance to go to the relatively new Lincoln Museum. Here we are posing with the Lincoln's outside the White House.  There were two really great shows about Abraham Lincoln and some very cool exhibits. If you're ever touring Springfield, IL, I highly recommend stopping by there.

--- 3 ---

 The one thing I really liked about the museum is that it is the perfect size for a history museum.  You can pretty much see everything in about 2 hours - if you browse museums like I do.  This is an ongoing debate in my family.  There are a few of us that like to get the "big picture" of an exhibit, while there are others of us that have to stop and read EVERY SINGLE word.  This museum seemed to be perfect for all of us.

--- 4 ---

I had 6 of my 7 children with me ranging in age from 18 (today, as a matter of fact :) to 6 1/2.  This is the first time any of them have ever ridden on a school bus.  That alone added to the excitement of the trip...a 3 hour trip on a very windy day on a school bus!  Doesn't get much better than that!

--- 5 ---

Mr 6 yo was having a grand time schmoozing the ladies from the parish.  He'd walk the aisles of the bus (only because he saw Father doing it :) and stop and visit with them all.  Oh, of course they all thought he was adorable and he was never in need of anything.  Hungry, are you?  Well, I just happen to have some cookies...I guess it pays to be cute.

--- 6 ---

I must say that I felt quite naked without my camera on this trip.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to take my big camera and backpack into a Government building and I didn't want to have to leave it on the bus, so I left it at home :(  These pictures, therefore, are courtesy of Ms 16 yo and her much smaller camera.

--- 7 ---
Another weekend of rehearsals are in store for us.  Our first performance of "The Seven Last Words of Christ" will be in one week. We would greatly appreciate any prayers that you would offer.  Thanks so much!

 
 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!