Thursday, December 29, 2011

Are You Ready??

While perusing my new Christmas gift, I found a section towards the back entitled "How to be a better Catholic".  It gives an outline for the things you need to do daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.  It is very Ignatian (is that the proper term for something Ignatius??) so you will find the same type of outline in the prayer section of "A Plan for Joy in the Home"!  

I'm always excited when I'm reading something that tells me that God wants us to be organized.  It makes me feel like all the time I spent on this book is really worth it!  Here is what the "Daily Roman Missal" has to say:

"The practice of some acts of piety throughout the day will help you to have a divine contemplative life in the midst of the daily routine.  The habitual performance of these acts will also be the foundation for growing in Christian virtues.  Most important is to be consistent in your daily schedule, in your spiritual game plan, so that you will live as a child of God."
 If you are ready to be more organized and build your spiritual game plan, then I have the book for you!  I hope 2012 is a more organized, more prayerful year for you :)