Friday, December 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes December 30, 2011



--- 1 ---


Occasionally I do let go of my camera, although I don't know why.  The photo prior to this showed me holding up this same necklace and  earring set with a much more pensive look on my face.  My family accused me of not liking my new jewelry.  That was not it at all.  I had moved that quickly to the thinking mode...things like, what else would this go with, when could I wear it next, etc.  This picture was of me showing my true feelings for my new gift.

--- 2 ---

My older girls had a Christmas party on Thursday.  They decided to do a homemade gift/white elephant grab bag.  I have to say that everyone took it to heart and came with some really nice gifts.  One of the younger girls crocheted a beautiful shawl that Ms 8 yo won.  I love kids with creativity; especially because I have always been creatively challenged.  Creativity is actually one of the few things that is improving in me as I age.

--- 3 ---


If you are reading this on Friday, then Happy Feast of the Holy Family.  It is a bit confusing this year with it being on a Friday and not a Sunday, but none-the-less, have a grace-filled, holy family kind of day.

--- 4 ---

Have you seen this one yet?  If not, give it a go...it is quite funny.


--- 5 ---

Here was a conversation that transpired between Ms 19 yo and Mr 6 yo the other day:

Ms 19 yo: What'll you give me if I make you a sandwich?
Mr 6 yo: Candy?
Ms 19 yo: Mmm... no. How about a big hug and say "You are the most wonderful person in the world.
Mr 6 yo: No, because that isn't true!
Ms 19 yo: O.o 
Mr 6 yo: Well, you are the most wonderful person in the world to me, but not to anyone else. It's not like that.
Well, at least he's honest; although I'm sure her boyfriend might not agree with him on that last part :)
 
--- 6 ---

Today, Friday, marks a grand occasion for me...I get to go take photos for a 50th Wedding Anniversary party!  I can't wait.  I love taking photos and I've not done this type of event before so I'm excited to see how it goes.  I'm thrilled that it is during the day because it is always easier to shoot in daylight!  What fun to capture the joy of a couple married so many years!

--- 7 ---

Have a very happy and blessed New Year!  If one of your resolutions for the new year is to be more organized and have a smoother running household, then make sure you go here!


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. I really like your wit and wisdom. It's conversational without being trite. Please take a gander at my blog, if you have the chance, http://wrestlinggypsies.blogspot.com

    Sincerely,Bradford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bradford, for you kind words. Congratulations on your new daughter!

    ReplyDelete