Friday, August 13, 2010

A Reminder about Hell...

God often speaks to us through other people, right? So today when, in the span of two hours, I heard the same message twice from random people, I thought I should probably take notice.

1st time: At Mass this morning, the priest told us a story about another priest who, during one very hot Sunday Mass in a church that had no air conditioning, got up for his homily and said, "You think it is hot in here? It's hotter in Hell", and then sat down.

2nd time: A short while later I was walking out of the grocery store and a woman, who I don't know, was walking out with me and said, "Sure is hot out here. I think it's a reminder of how hot Hell is going to be if we don't straighten up", and then she walked away.

I really can't take the heat; maybe I should go to confession soon!

Just thought I'd share that with y'all :)


  1. I live in Louisiana, and the heat has been a bigger motivator than most people know to make sure that my life is on the right path. Confession rocks!

  2. Love the link you left on Catholic Icing's facebook page! I can't wait to have more time to click around! I posted the link myself today to try and help spread the word. Great site!

    I think God does speak to us in little ways all the time. It is crazy that 2 people said something to you about how hot hell is in one day!