Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Emily Update

I just love it when I get good news in my email in-box, don't you??? Many of you may remember all of the posts I did before about Emily, our friend who was near death from tongue cancer. Well, her mom sent us an update that is filled with all kinds of exciting news. Here, I'll let her tell you...

The old saying no news is good news applies with our family. Emily is doing wonderful. I wanted to take this opportunity to update everyone. We just got the results of her latest CAT scan and it was perfect. No cancer anywhere. I cried as usual. I still cannot believe that we have been so blessed. How great God truly is. Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati society is aware of her miracle. I was told that Rome is also aware. Her 1 year anniversary will be in October and then we can proceed to make this awesome Blessed a Saint. Please pray that they can use this miracle for his sainthood. Emily's story has been such an inspiration to so many of us.

What has little Emily been up to since her miracle. Well, she graduated college with a 3.8 out of 4.0 magnum cum laude. She received the first ever overcoming adversity award in her field of study, sociology. She received a standing ovation for that. She currently is working at a Mental Health clinic as a job coach and moved into her first apartment. She celebrated her 23rd birthday.

Her book is still in the works. She told me she is hoping to finish up sometime this winter. I've had the privilege to read some of it and she is definitely a better writer than me. Her literary tone is warm, funny and inspirational. Just like the author.

I would like to express my sincerest thanks to everyone for your continued prayers. "Every day is a great day." That is Emily's saying. Her faith is still amazing and her courage is to. Emily still endures some minor discomforts from all the radiation, so please forward any prayer intentions and I'll make sure she gets them. She is still offering all of her suffering for the holy souls in purgatory and will gladly offer them for any intentions you have.

God Bless and have a safe Fall.
Good luck to all new and returning students!

Theresa, John and Emily
God is SSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO Good! Have a great day!