Monday, June 14, 2010

Our New Summer Adventure

Summer is here (well, almost) and the livin' is easy...ha! Yes, summer is here but there is still some school work to be done and, because for some reason we don't believe in taking it easy, we've taken on a big project for the summer - our town's Farmer's Market.

No, we are not farmers and we will not be selling produce but we thought it might be fun to get involved and sell some other stuff. Of course, just one thing wouldn't be much fun, so we've decided to sell four, totally unrelated things.

It started out with the goat's milk soap that I sell. We thought a farmer's market would be a great place to pick up more customers.

Next, my husband, who absolutely lives coffee, thought it might be fun to sell... coffee. Personally I cannot identify with drinking a hot liquid on a hot day, but then again, I don't love coffee, so I guess it is just something I cannot understand.

Then, since finding a part-time job is so difficult around here and my girls need to make some money so they can afford to pay for some of the things they are involved in (like college...) we thought it might be fun for them to sell something, too. We all decided on lemonade (for those people who think like I do...COLD drinks on hot days :) and gourmet trail mix. We've concocted three different varieties and have come up with names, cute bags and cool labels.

This coming Saturday is the first day of the market so we are praying for good weather and large crowds. There are a total of 38 vendors so there is a lot to choose from. Then, once a month, a mom's group is hosting something called "Junk in the Trunk" where the first 26 people to get there will be able to sell their "junk" out of their trunk. It's like a garage sale on wheels.

Hopefully I'll have a few minutes to buzz around with my camera and take some pictures to share. Please pray that we get everything done that we need to and that the weather cooperates. It should be tons of fun and a great learning experience for all of us!

2 comments:

  1. I think you mean "absolutely LOVES coffee." Not lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good eye, my dear! Although, on one hand you could say that your father does, in fact, LIVE coffee, too!

    ReplyDelete