Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Graduation 2010


It is the day after graduation. It was a beautiful Mass; we were blessed to have it celebrated by our new Auxiliary Bishop Joseph Siegel. Everything went very well and I will say that I didn't cry once :)
To Ms. 14 yo: Congratulations on finishing 8 years of education. It really is an accomplishment to get this far and do so well! But now it means that you are moving on to bigger, better, and more challenging things. You have four more years ahead of you to study hard, learn a lot and grow in grace and virtue. Make the most of these next four years because they will speed by all too quickly.

To Ms. 18 yo: What can I say? People kept asking me last night if I was sad. No, actually I'm quite excited...not that you are leaving but that you have a whole new world ahead of you. I am at peace with where you are headed and I hope that means that we are following God's Will for you at this time. I have to say, however, that the time truly has flown. I can remember you being 5 years old and people asking me what I was going to do about high school. Well, here it is, come and gone. I think we both did a pretty good job! I know you will do well in your quest for higher education and I am glad that you won't be leaving the nest completely yet! Like the Bishop said last night, keep Jesus at the center of your life and you will do well. You might be persecuted for your faith, but Jesus will not abandon you in your struggle to follow Him.

Congratulations to all the graduates of 2010. May God Bless you all and may you go forward to make this world a better place!

2 comments:

  1. Only a few more to go! Keep up the good work. It's so good to see strong homeschooling families!

    ReplyDelete