Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Lenten Update and Prayer Requests

It has been quite an interesting Lent around my sphere of the blogging world. While blogging was not on my list of things to give up this Lent, it seems as if it was on everyone else's. Most people whose blogs I read have taken Lent off. The few people who leave comments here seem to have taken Lent off. Oh well, as it turns out, I haven't had much time nor inspiration to blog anyhow.

That all being said, I thought I'd pop in here for a few moments and ask for your prayers. We are in the thick of preparing for another set of performances of "The Seven Last Words of Christ". Our first performance is on the 19th of March and, as always, there have been many challenges. It is always such a long road to these performances, but once we are there and the tears are flowing again I remember how worth it it really is.

This truly is a performance that everyone should see. I do not say that because most of my family is in it :) It really has nothing to do with that at all. I say that because God works through these performances to change hearts; and we have two years worth of experience to back that statement up. So I ask for your prayers for our performances. We will have three: the 19th, 28th and 30th. We are hoping for sell-outs at each one. With your prayer support, we can do it.

Also, this weekend, Ms 17 yo and I are going on a silent retreat with Miles Christi. I had told her I would take her this year as a graduation present. Well, it seems we can't go to the one in July so we will be making it an early graduation present. These are always such powerful retreats that I am looking forward to seeing what she thinks. Please pray for us and for all the women who will be on this retreat that we will hear all that God wants to say to us and that we will have the grace to accept it.

Thank you for your support. I hope that your Lent is fruitful and peaceful.


1 comment:

  1. I, too, have noticed a decrease in blog traffic during Lent.

    ReplyDelete