Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just Pray About It!

As I was rushing around this morning and grumbling (I suppose some might call it complaining :) about all I had to do and how it seemed as if I would never be able to do it all, Ms 11 yo stopped me in my tracks when she said, "Mom, just pray about it!"

How right she is! How often do I tell her or someone else to pray about something or to offer it up, but yet here I was not even listening to my own advice? How happy I was that she has listened to me enough to at least know what I've said to her in those situations.

I went on my way and took her advice and low-and-behold, here it is the end of the day and everything did get done; or at least I think it has. If it hasn't, I haven't remembered it yet :)

I'd like to leave you with two great quotes from St. Ignatius that I've come across in the last 24 hours. I hope they bring you consolation as they have to me!

"What would be a miracle would be for God to leave unaided those who trust in him. Let us occupy ourselves with the service of God, and leave to Him the care of providing for our needs."

"Few souls understand what God would effect in them if they should give themselves entirely into his hands and allow his grace to act."