Friday, October 9, 2009

Emily Update from Yesterday's Dr. Visit

Here is the latest Emily update. Thank you all for being so patient with me, as I feel a strong need to pass this info on. Thank you, too for all of your prayers.

I am sorry for what I am about to write. I wish I could call each of you myself. The news was not good.

Dr. P from Rush will be surgically removing Emily's tumor with a lazer. He will make a small border cut around the lesion and tumor.

Dr. S will begin Chemotherapy to try to slow the cancers progress.

They feel however that it will just return. Our time with our beloved daughter will be cut too short. I am so sad to have to write these words. Our immediate families have been notified and our children will be told today. Emily will be coming home for the weekend to spend time with her siblings. We will be leaving for Rush on Sunday. John (Emily's dad) is here with us and we will be staying by Emily's side at Rush. She will return home on Wednesday.

We still believe that God can pull a miracle. We are hoping for that. However we have always trusted Gods will even if we don't understand it. He comes like a thief in the night. I definitely feel robbed.

Please keep up prayers for a miracle. Pray for healing and peace for all of our family and for yourselves. I know as you read this your hearts will be sorrowful. I am praying for all of you who have been reading my emails from the beginning.

Emily is still in good spirits. We must do our best to keep ours up too. Lets always look to Emily for inspiration.


1 comment:

  1. Laura, I have been following your posts concerning Emily and am so saddened to read this latest up-date. She has been, and will continue to be, in my prayers. Her journey, filled with courage & grace & faith, has been an inspiration to all. May God continue to be her guiding light and may He send His angels to surround her and her family with strength & courage. Blessings, Pat Stankevitz

    ReplyDelete