Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blessings and Fun

What a weekend! Friday night Mr 9 yo served his first Mass with the Miles Christi priests at our monthly Evening of Recollection. What a blessing it was to see him up there. He did a great job and I blew it...I didn't have my camera!

Saturday night we went to a Civil War Reenactment and attended the ball. Most of the kids were in full Civil War dress and had a great time dancing. Yes, the girls even danced with young (and old) men they didn't know! Mr. 4 yo was out there, with his two right-footed, different sized rubber boots on, dancing with older women and having the time of his life. He participated in one group dance where you had to switch partners. I wasn't sure how he'd be when he got to a girl he didn't know, but he did great and everyone enjoyed dancing with him.

This time I had my camera but it was too dark out to take any pictures (although I was tempted to use it when Ms 17 yo was dancing with that CONFEDERATE soldier!) I have to admit, I felt a bit like Mrs. Bennett from Pride and Prejudice sitting on the sidelines watching all my girls dance! A fun time was had by all. We just love these Civil War Reenactments. In all seriousness, do they do them in the South???