Saturday, June 27, 2009

Honest Scrap


Alright, I know I said I'd be gone for awhile, but I had a few minutes to put this together on Friday and I did receive this very cool award, so I just had to share it with you all. Feel free to continue working on that quiz from Friday, however!

So thanks to Theresa over at Carmelitmom, I received this award and this is what I have to do:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.

3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.

Okay, #1 done! Now #2, hmmmmm

1. I can be obsessive about things. What, this doesn't come as a surprise to some of you?? Well, it is true. Give me a new idea and it can totally consume me! And not only that, but I tend to talk a lot about it, too. It takes a lot to keep that under control.

2. I am losing my hair, my memory and my physical shape, but all I have to do is look at the seven blessings that have taken all those things from me and I am okay with it :) !

3. I love to take photos but I seem to be missing that critical artistic eye. Some of my kids have it, both my parents have it, but somehow it skipped me. Any good pictures I take I can attribute to the Holy Spirit.

4. I think the reason that God didn't give me that eye, or why I don't have a HUGELY successful blog, etc....is that my ego couldn't handle it. It would be difficult for me to practice humility if I was successful at something :)

5. I love to read good Catholic books. Give me a good one and I can have it read in a day. Unfortunately that means that I usually end up neglecting things.

6. Sometimes I wish I could sit down, kick my feet up and drink a nice cold beer. (you said "honest"). Unfortunately, my body (a.k.a. my already stressed liver) can't handle it, so I have to settle for a sip here and there.

7. Before I became obsessed with the internet (see #1), I used to love to bake. Now, I'd rather look at interesting web sites that tell you about all the good things you can bake.

8. I would much rather stay up till midnight every night and sleep in until 8:00 than go to bed at 9:30 and get up at 5:30. I consider getting up that early a necessary evil.

9. I am so incredibly thankful to God that he gave me the loving, supportive parents that he did. I hope I can be as non-judgmental, non-intrusive and supportive of my own children when they grow up. (NOT, see #1)

10. I secretly enjoyed having to wash the clothes and hang them out to dry last week while my daughter (whose job it is to do the wash) was helping out at our parish's VBS. Don't tell her, though, she might try to get me to do it all the time!
Now the fun part. I get to pass this on to 7 people whose blogs have encouraged me and inspired me:

1. Lady Rose. She never ceases to amaze me with the things she comes up with (in a good way, of course!)
2. Roger. The title of this award fits his blog to a tee!
3. Jennifer. She doesn't get around here often, but I am always inspired by the things she writes.
4. Marcus. An incredibly insightful young man!
5. Rebecca. I'm new to her blog, but I like visiting there.
6. Allison. Always some good up-to-date info for us.
7. Momma Snail. This is a cool blog! I love her look and all of the neat ideas she shares.

As for the last requirement, since I am supposed to be doing many other things right now (like baking for our trip), I will have to leave it up to these people to visit here and find out they "won" this award.

God Bless! (sorry, couldn't get my signature to load right, and I really do have to go!)

4 comments:

  1. Great list Laura...very honest!! I am an obsessor too...it stinks sometimes. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - thanks for naming me! I'm honored! Love your list, and although I am generally bad at taking part in these things, I will do my best in the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am honored as well! My list should be up soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete