Thursday, April 23, 2009

Crazy 8's

I've been tagged for the Crazy 8's meme by JMJ over at Totus Tuus. I've never done one here before and I'm not sure how successful this one will be - I mean really, 8 things in all these categories?? But, here goes:

8 Things I am Looking Forward To:
1. Dinner - I am quite hungry right now.
(Just a clue, I'm starting this Wednesday evening)
2. Heaven (hopefully), although I'm sure it will be a long road to get there.
3. The Era of Peace - will it ever get here? Will I be around to enjoy it?

4. A warm day so we can go get ice cream and eat it outside.
5. The day that Blogger decides to fix their weird program so the fonts don't change in the middle of a post for absolutely no reason!
6. The upcoming camping season.
7. Walking around outside without any socks and shoes on.
8. A trip to Hanceville, AL this year - hopefully, sometime, don't know when for sure yet, but I can hope, can't I???

8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Got up - Praise the Lord!
2. Went to Mass
3. Made apple cinnamon muffins from scratch
4. Taught my children some new things
5. Read aloud from a new book - "Ginger Pye" - and so far we all like it!
6. Went to the eye Doctor to discuss my new glasses and why it is I can't see things clearly that are 2 to 3 feet in front of me!
7. Got a cup of coffee from Dunkin Donuts - Decaf of course
8. Read more from the book "Get us Out of Here!"

8 Things I Wish I Could Do:
1. Climb every mountain...
2. Ford every stream...
3. Follow every rainbow...
4. Till I find my dream :) Okay, so this isn't technically something I can do. HMMM, how about sing like Julie Andrews?
5. Convince people that they are better off forgiving than they are carrying all that baggage around.
6. Live in Hanceville, AL. Although I suppose we could live there, it would just mean being unemployed.
7. Kneel down right now without being in pain.
8. Play music from "Pirates of the Caribbean" with a professional orchestra!

8 Shows I Watch:
1. Sorry, this is going to be very brief because we don't watch TV.
2. We don't have cable and we're too far out for any TV reception.
3. It's been so long since I've regularly watched TV that I don't even remember what we used to watch.
4. Except for maybe Seinfeld.
5. As far as TV shows on video, however, we do tend to watch a lot of "Bob the Builder"
6. Oh, and "Thomas the Tank Engine", too.
7. And I hate to admit that I used to plan my college classes around "All My Children"
8. If I did have cable, we would probably watch EWTN and Animal Planet.

8 Tags:
1. Guess what, I don't really know 8 people with blogs of their own. None of my friends around here have one except for...
2. Roger
3. And Rose
4. Then we'll try Theresa
5. And see if Marcus will join us.
6. Well, that's probably about it. :( How about friends that don't have a blog, they could email me and I could read their responses to anyone who is interested????? Come on, Dolores, give it a try. You could do a guest post!
7. Anyone?????
8. Thanks for sticking with me this far! It wasn't as hard as I thought.

4 comments:

  1. Laura I planned my schedule around All My Children, too! I sometimes think..what is Erica Kane up to these days? Have a good day! I hope you get new glasses soon. Love, Dolores P.S. I want to live in Hanceville, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently blogger was changing the font for my sister (for her media class), so she went into the html and fixed it... you could try that and see if it does anything...

    ~Laura K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura...thanks for the tag...it was fun. I am sooo with you on the font change mid-sentence. It is completely frustrating. Too bad we can't "lock" in our font somehow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I've been tagged how cool is that. Now I just have to remember to follow your guidelines and actually do it, someday. As you can tell, I am getting behind on my reading, just a bit. I shall do this and even let you know when, or maybe you will just have to endure my nonsense, daily, until I actually do it. :)

    As for now, time to shut down the PC (if it lets me) and go to bed. Another early day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete