Monday, March 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

I know I'm supposed to save all these little things for my "quick takes" on Friday, but that's too far away and I'll probably forget them by then. So...

I've been thinking about doing a post about the Rosary of Our Lady of Sorrows for a few weeks now. Our Lady of Kibeho, when she appeared in Rwanda, urged people to learn this rosary and to pray it. The priests of Miles Christi also advocate praying this rosary. Fortunately for me, my daughter did all the work. If you're interested in learning more about this rosary, along with directions on how to pray it, just check it out here!

How easy it is to be full of gratitude when the sun is shining brightly and the air is warming up. I think I like Spring best of all because it feels like being reborn after a long winter of being cooped up in the house! So today I thank you Lord for:

~ a beautiful day yesterday

~ a MIL who can cook a mean corned beef and make an awesome Irish soda bread! Something we all look forward to every year.

~ my daughter's prayers being answered so quickly - she took it upon herself to pray for her Godmother to get a good job, quickly, and we just found out that she had started her new, better paying job this past Friday. I love when God answers prayers so obviously!

Like I said, it's easy to be grateful on a beautiful day. Now I just have to remember to be grateful on days when it is cloudy and cold and everything seems to be going wrong!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Laura,
    You sure have that right!
    It is difficult to be thankful for the crosses in our lives, isn't it?
    I've been wrestling with God's will/my will a lot lately.
    Pax Christi, E

    ReplyDelete