Friday, February 6, 2009

7 Quick Takes Friday Vol 10

Welcome once again to 7 Quick Takes Friday graciously hosted by Conversion Diary.

1.

I received this in an email from the Family Research Council and thought it was worth sharing.

"Halfway through his remarks at this morning's National Prayer Breakfast, President Obama made a stunning, pro-life statement. "Some of our beliefs will never be the same," he said. "...but no matter what we choose to believe, let us remember that... [t]here is no God who condones taking the life of an innocent human being." In that instant, many of us were struck by how powerful Barack Obama's voice could be if he moved beyond rhetoric and harnessed all his hope, eloquence, and enthusiasm to lead this nation toward a culture of life. " (emphasis added)

KEEP PRAYING!
2.

How exciting! The time has finally arrived for the airing of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" that will show the Girard family's new home. If you've followed their tragedy, you won't want to miss out on this wonderful chapter of the Girard family story. The show will air this Sunday (Feb. 8th) at 8/7c on ABC. Praised be Jesus Christ!

3.

My sometimes belligerent three year old was up to it again the other day. I was running out the door to make it to an appointment when I noticed that he was struggling with the tape dispenser. Had I not been in a hurry, I might have stopped to think about what I was doing. That not being the case, I helped him to rip off the large piece of tape that he was struggling with. At that point it dawned on me to ask him what it was he needed the tape for. As he stomped out of the room with it, he firmly told me that he was using the tape to tape his older brother's mouth shut because his brother kept being mean to him. As any good parent would do, I yelled at him to not tape his brother's mouth shut as I ran back out the door!

4.

I used to think that it was just our little corner of the homeschooling world that suffers from the month of February! I like to refer to it as the month of cabin fever. My husband has learned to ignore all of my threats and complaints during this month, for it is usually at some time during the month of February that I threaten to put all of the kids in school and go and hide. Apparently we are not alone as I ran into this same phenomenon on another blog. Here it is referred to as Third Quarter Blues. I'm glad we are not alone.

5.

This week I have heard of two families where the father will be losing his job soon. Both of them have big families. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning. Please keep them and all of the unemployed and underemployed in your prayers. Thanks.

6.

From the book "Jesus Our Eucharistic Love"

"Here is one of the counsels which Blessed Pio of Pietrelcina gave to one of his spiritual daughters: 'In the course of the day, when it is not permitted you to do otherwise, call on Jesus, even in the midst of all your occupations, with a resigned sigh of the soul and He will come and will remain always united with your soul by means of His grace and His holy love.'"

7.

And finally, for those of you within driving distance of Chicago, on February 15th at 2 p.m. central time:

A family afternoon of Austrian culture and music. Her Imperial and Royal Highness, Maria Anna, Princess of Galitzine, Granddaughter of Blessed Karl of Austria, will speak to families about Austrian culture and our Catholic faith followed by a music program in which the St. Cecilia Choir will sing the Liebeslieder Waltzes of Johannes Brahms with piano accompaniment. Light refreshments and beverages for children and adults will be offered. Tickets are $15 for families or $5.00 for individuals and are available online at www.Cantius.org, by phone 1-800-838-3006, or mail in a reservation with your name, address, phone number, and the number of tickets you will need. Check made out to St. John Cantius Church. St. John Cantius is located at 825 N. Carpenter, Chicago IL 60642. 312-243-7373.

God Bless!