Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Last Thoughts Before Christmas

Today's O Antiphon brings us to the evening before the vigil, and before coming to the town limits of Bethlehem, where we salute Him with the last Great O, O Emmanuel, God-with-us.

The "O" Antiphons are the verses for the ancient hymn O Come, O Come Emmanuel. Did you know that the first letter of the Messianic titles: Emmanuel, Rex, Oriens, Clavis, Radix, Adonai, Sapientia—spell out the Latin words ERO CRAS, meaning, "Tomorrow, I will come." ? Pretty cool, huh?

Well, I am RRREEEAAALLLYYY slowing down today: I threw out my back this morning big time. Yes, the day before the festivities begin - while presents are still unwrapped and food and desserts still need to be made - I will lie on my back contemplating how much God loves me and how much He really wants me to spend time thinking about Him. Of course, at the same time I will still be directing all of the kids in their various cooking and wrapping duties. I don't think I could really chuck it all out the window. Could you???

God Bless!