Friday, May 16, 2008

Odds and Ends

Well, the day has finally arrived. After many months of anticipation on the part of my children, today is the day we go to see "Prince Caspian". I hope that it is as good as they are hoping it will be!! I am remaining neutral until I see the movie. Usually for something like this, we try to read the book out loud first so that we can compare it to the movie. However we are still trying to finish another book that we have checked out from the library 3 times now and still have not finished :) Life is just way too busy!

Speaking of books, I have successfully completed reading "Black as Night". It was a very good book. I did neglect to mention in my other post that these two books, "The Shadow of the Bear" and "Black as Night" do have a light romantic story line to them, so they are probably best for teens and older. Also, they are not just for girls! While they are written like a fairy tale, there is still enough mystery and adventure to keep a boy just as engaged. Ben...listen to your mother and read these books! You'll like them!

On a more serious topic, if you are at all interested in seeing what some have to say about the "signs of the times", I would recommend you check out Mark Mallet's blog. It has been pretty heavy lately and I know it is not something that everyone will agree with, but I feel compelled to mention it. Check it out and see if the Holy Spirit is calling you to take to heart the message that Mark is putting out there.

Don't forget, it is still not too late to register for the ILCHC Homeschool conference. Check it out here.

Since we have a busy weekend ahead, I thought I'd put my recipe up today. This recipe is thanks to my good friend Jenni who gave this easy but good brownie recipe to me years ago. It is still one that I use all the time because it is so simple and fast. Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Chip Brownies

2 C chocolate chips - divided
1/2 C butter
3 eggs
1 1/4 C flour
1 C sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C nuts - optional

Melt 1 cup morsels and butter in a pan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat and add eggs. Stir well. Add flour, sugar, baking soda and vanilla and mix well. Add last 1 cup of morsels and nuts and stir.

Spread into greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake 18-22 minutes. Cool completely and then cut.

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I just stopped by to say "Hi!"
    I've been reading your daughter's blog since I found her on Roger's blog-roll. Happy Mother's day (belated). I'll be back to "talk" homeschool-ese.
    Blessings, EJT

    ReplyDelete