Wednesday, May 7, 2008

12 Step Internet Recovery Program

My husband picked up this little newspaper this past weekend while we were out wandering and inside was full of advertisements, jokes, riddles and interesting facts. One thing that caught our eye was the "12-Step Internet Recovery Program". In light of my other post about the internet, I thought it might be fun to share this with everyone. How many of these can you identify with? I can identify with half of them (although I am not willing to admit which ones:) So here they are:

1. I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my newspaper like I used to, before the Internet.
2. I will eat breakfast and lunch with a knife and fork and not with one hand typing.
3. I will get dressed before noon.
4. I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan dinner before even thinking of the Internet.
5. I will sit down and write a letter to those unfortunate few friends and family that are Internet-deprived.
6. I will call someone on the phone, even if I can contact them via the Internet.
7. I will read a book...if I still remember how.
8. I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling them to be quiet so that I can get my blog written:)
9. I will not be tempted in between school subjects to check for email.
10. I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is necessary or not.
11. I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the internet.
12. Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed sometime...and the Internet will always be there tomorrow!

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. I sent this email to so many people....via the internet, of course. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete