Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Spiritual Side

So why spend all this time talking about the kitchen? Well, I have found that the more organized I am in a certain area, the less I have to think about it and so therefore, I have more time to think about other things. The last thing I want to spend my entire day thinking about is what to have for dinner. I also don't want to spend more time in the grocery store than I absolutely have to. By making my life easier in this area, I can spend my precious brain power trying to keep up with everything else in my life.

Of course we know that there is a spiritual side to keeping an orderly and neat kitchen. As F. Fernandez states in "In Conversation with God", "There are no jobs that have nothing to do with the doctrine of Jesus Christ: even for very technical problems within a firm, or in the way a mother runs her house, a variety of solutions will offer themselves." And then later he states, "With God's help, the Christian will endeavour to turn each ordinary thing into something noble and of great value: he will try to turn everything he touches, not into gold, as in the legend of King Midas, but rather into grace and glory." So let us strive to turn our kitchens into portals of grace and glory. Doesn't that sound wonderful!!!

As an aside, I got to wondering if there was a title for Our Lady that had to do with kitchens so I Googled "Our Lady of the Kitchen" and I actually came up with this post from 2006 from a blog entitled "Our Lady of the Kitchen Sink". It was quite good, so I would recommend checking it out.

God Bless!

P.S. We are off to the final dress rehearsal for a performance of "The Seven Last Words of Christ" that our local Girls Club and Choir are performing. Please say a prayer for the success of the performances on Saturday and Tuesday. If you are interested in attending, check out this website for the location and information.